how to use emacs mail with ISP pop3 mail server?

how to use emacs mail with ISP pop3 mail server?

Post by nabb.. » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

hello,

I have linux 2.0.7 (red hat), I have emacs, I got an account with ISP
(earthlink), and would like to use emacs to read my email and do
newsgroup with. But I am not sure how to configure things on linux to
be able to do this. for example, using netscape, I can read my email
and do newsgroups, since on netscape, there is a window where I get to
set up the SMTP and pop3 server names, and my user name on the ISP, so
it is easy to set things up on netscape.  But I'd rather use emacs to
read my email.

I probably need to configer sendmail on linux first? or need to start some
dameon on my PC etc.. any idea where to read about setting email up?

thanks!!
Nasser

1. how to set email so to use emacs/mail with ISP and pop3 server?

hello,

I have linux 2.0.7 (red hat), I have emacs, I got an account with ISP
(earthlink), and would like to use emacs to read my email and do
newsgroup with. But I am not sure how to configure things on linux to
be able to do this. for example, using netscape, I can read my email
and do newsgroups, since on netscape, there is a window where I get to
set up the SMTP and pop3 server names, and my user name on the ISP, so
it is easy to set things up on netscape.  But I'd rather use emacs to
read my email.

I probably need to configer sendmail on linux first? or need to start some
dameon on my PC etc.. any idea where to read about setting email up?

thanks!!
Nasser

2. Info needed on PC-NFS 5.x

3. How can I check mail delivery is success when using other mail server inside ISP?

4. Just a silly question!

5. Downloading POP3 mail from ISP to IMAP server on a Linux box

6. Need ModeDB for ATI Mach32 with NEC 3FGe

7. Howto make mail to my domain go to my ISP mail server.

8. Probs ripping with k3b & liteon 451 writer

9. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems

10. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

11. mail (pop3 + smtp) server using ODBC connections for user & auth info?

12. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

13. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server