LMS/Phillips patch

Post by jsull.. » Fri, 14 Jul 1995 04:00:00

 I can't seem to find the patch for the LMS/Phillips CDRom Drive.
If anyone can point me to it I'd greatly appreciate it.

LMS/Phillips patch

Post by Jeff Richards » Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> I can't seem to find the patch for the LMS/Phillips CDRom Drive.
>If anyone can point me to it I'd greatly appreciate it.

ftp.cdrom.com has a mirror of sunsite.unc.edu (OR you could go to sunsite!), and
the patch is there somewhere -- the subdir should be logically named, liked
/patches/cdrom or something -- it ONLY supports the LMS cdroms that do NOT
support multi-session, ie: LMS-205 and NOT LMS-205MS -- get it? Good luck!

1. Phillips LMS CDROM kernel patch

I just bought a Phillips LMS single speed CDROM drive (CM205.)
I have installed Linux 1.1.18 using the Slakware distribution.  I
am trying to get the Phillips kernel patch to work with this
version of the kernel since the patch didn't patch things
correctly and there seems to be some incompatiblities between 1.1.18
and the version of the kernel that the patch was written for.

Does anyone have a working Linux kernel 1.1.18 (or greater) that
supports this CDROM that I could get an binary of?

Or does anyone have a patch that works with newer versions of the
Linux kernel?

I cannot seem to send email to the author of the original patch.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott W. Hassan                                   "The trees know something

                                                   cats in their prance."

2. Q:Kdevelop in Linux

3. Phillips/LMS CM205 with Yggdrasil F94?

4. Shut down of X windows causes monitor to turn Off??

5. I nned a Phillips\LMS boot disc

6. Problems with @Home cable modem.

7. Phillips LMS 205MS cdrom driver

8. Nytimes peices on Linux....