Looking for RedHat/Slackware CDs

Post by Peter Graeni » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi!  I'm just getting started in to building a low-cost network of Linux PC's.

We're using donated hardware with some perks from people who are willing to
give up such things as sound cards and CD-ROMs that they've upgraded and have
no use for.
I do need some help, however.  I am unable to afford the money to buy any
version of Linux, and there is no feasible way for me to download it since I
have no way of really getting it to other systems.  (ever since Slackware left

1.44MB floppy divisions, I cried myself to sleep!)  But I would like the
latest versions of Linux, preferrably Slackware or RedHat.  IF there is
someone out there with a Slackware disc/set and a CD-R, I'll pay you to make a

cheap copy.  (That is all under GNU, right?)  And those of you with a few
extra RedHat discs, I'll pay you too.  The most I can actually pay is about
$10.  (This is for a non-profit organization.)  If you think you can do

who think they could help.

                                                            Peter Graening

Post by Tony Eamic » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi!  I'm just getting started in to building a low-cost network of Linux PC's.

> We're using donated hardware with some perks from people who are willing to
> give up such things as sound cards and CD-ROMs that they've upgraded and have
> no use for.
> I do need some help, however.  I am unable to afford the money to buy any
> version of Linux, and there is no feasible way for me to download it since I
> have no way of really getting it to other systems.  (ever since Slackware left

> 1.44MB floppy divisions, I cried myself to sleep!)  But I would like the
> latest versions of Linux, preferrably Slackware or RedHat.  IF there is
> someone out there with a Slackware disc/set and a CD-R, I'll pay you to make a

> cheap copy.  (That is all under GNU, right?)  And those of you with a few
> extra RedHat discs, I'll pay you too.  The most I can actually pay is about
> $10.  (This is for a non-profit organization.)  If you think you can do

> who think they could help.

>                                                             Peter Graening

scan Yahoo for Cheapbytes . They sell all of the different versions for
1.99 ea. plus shipping . 10.00 could get you Red Hat & Slackware
versions.

1. Looking for Redhat/Slackware CDs

[...]

2. Problem: [2.5.39] Cannot mount IDE cdrom if SCSI-emulated

3. looking for slackware 2.0 on cd rom

4. Does Apache support SSL in proxy mode?

5. Australia: looking for CD-ROM Slackware?

6. Weird LILO problem

7. Yard users: Looking for RedHat/Slackware/Debian bootdisk contents

8. RedHat 4.1 re-gen Kernel

9. Problem with Homemade Redhat/Slackware CD

10. RedHat/Slackware 3.0 would not find SoundBlaster 16 CD-ROM

11. Looking for CD-ROM RW for Linux redhat 7.1

12. RedHat/Slackware 3.0 would find SoundBlaster 16 CD-ROM, help!

13. Slackware Upgrade (Redhat, Slackware, Debian)?