1. SLIP is not [C]SLIP -- help?
I am trying to get [C]SLIP working on our Linux machine here in the office.
The machine is on the office ethernet (140.145.235.X) which is connected to the
internet as a whole. We have a seperate subnet for our [C]SLIP and PPP connections
(140.145.237.X). The PPP side of things works great, however some of our staff do
not have a PPP option, but instead need to use SLIP or CSLIP.
Using, say Winsock on a PC, I can connect and run dip, but what it talks is
My entry in /etc/diphosts looks like this:
And I am using dip-3.3.7m.
Everything (routing info., interface etc.) gets setup correctly, but when I try and
start [C]SLIP up on these other machines nothing happens.
We have also tried using SLIP and CSLIP from Mac's and other UNIX machines with
no success. All the PPP clients work fine. The SLIP and CSLIP clients on these
machine work fine if I talk to a HP9000 in the office using SLIP, which leads
me to believe the problem is with the Linux side of things.
Can anyone help??
2. How to tell if ifstream has buffered unread data?
3. SLIP and DIP only reaches slip server, help!
4. How do I dump output to cut buffer.
5. Help - slow,slow, slip,slip, slow
6. Basic cursor motion without curses
7. SLIP Connection to University SLIP Server: Need Help
8. PS disablement
9. SLIP server (linux) SLIP client (winsock) help please
10. Greatly needing help with SLIP, if anyone's willing to help...
11. Slip, Linux --> HP Help-Help-Pls.
12. SLIP SLIP SLIP. I need slip for Solaris 2.3 / 2.4!
13. Problems with SLIP and DIP Help... Help...