SCSI - aborting command due to timeout

Post by Erik Javier Nilse » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

During the process "making ex2 filesystem on /dev/sda1", I get an error
message:

SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

- timed out - resetting
- bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0
- sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
- sending DID_RESET for target 0
- " -
- " -
- " -

- aborting command due to timeout pid 5279, scsi 0, channel 0, id 0, lun
0
- host 0 abort (pid 5279) timed out - resetting

And on it goes..........

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what's going on.

If anyone has, I would be very thankful if they shared it with me.

SCSI - aborting command due to timeout

Post by Joe Kaufm » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:53:56 +0100, Erik Javier Nilsen

>During the process "making ex2 filesystem on /dev/sda1", I get an error
>message:

>SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

>- timed out - resetting
>- bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0
>- sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
>- sending DID_RESET for target 0
>- " -
>- " -
>- " -

>- aborting command due to timeout pid 5279, scsi 0, channel 0, id 0, lun
>0
>- host 0 abort (pid 5279) timed out - resetting

>And on it goes..........

>I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what's going on.

>If anyone has, I would be very thankful if they shared it with me.

I have been getting this esact same error with my adaptec 1520.  I
have set an append=0x340,9,7,1 (eay, my IRQ is 9 instead of 11), I
have support compiled into the kernel, and I know it isn't a cable
issue because last night I removes all devices and placed a terminator
on the card itself...still got the error.

If anyone knows what this is about, please respond via email or post
the answer!  THANK YOU!

Joe Kaufman

1. Help needed ! (scsi : aborting command due to timeout)

Hello there:
        I am trying to install linux with the hareware below:
                     TP4XE55
                     AHA 1542CF
                     Quantum TRB850S
                     32 MB -6 (16X2) RAM
                     PCI CN970EBT NIC
 But when I start to boot from boot disk (scsinet1, ascnet1), I got the
message below:

scsi : adaptec 1542
scsi : 1 host
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, id0, lun 0 0x00 00 00
00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
Sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0

        This message repeats infinity.........

        Could anyone please help me??

        I used Intel MB last month & found that it wasn't as stable as I
wanted, so I am now cswitching it to TP4XE55, strange....

Ken

--

Kent Nyiau Sin Kian from Malaysia. A Junior in MIS, National Central Univ.
Love Hwong Chang Ching. Care of her for the rest of her life.

2. Changing Icon in CDE?

3. scsi: aborting command due to timeout

4. Program to generate the Makefile?

5. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout....?

6. ftpfs for SuSE 6.4...

7. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

8. mail and stuff

9. SCSI: Aborting command due to TIMEOUT

10. scsi aborting command due to timeout

11. scsi : aborting command due to timeout: Anyone?

12. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

13. SCSI Adaptec AHA1542[BC] Aborting command due to timeout