Slackware upgrade and putting on new HDD simultaneously

Slackware upgrade and putting on new HDD simultaneously

Post by Andrei A. Dergatch » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

I would be very grateful for advises of the following:

I have Slackare (2.0.30 kernel) on 600Mb of a 2Gb disk.
I had a double-booting DOS/W95 system so I choose
a floppy booting for Slack. I've got a 6.4 Gb disk recently
planning to put new Slack on it. Now I have a couple of
questions:

1) Will I be able to see my 600Mb on first HDD if I'll
install latest Slack on my new HDD? Is there any preferences
to upgrade an old version first and only than make it bootable
from the second HDD ?

2) I heard that final release of 2.2.0 version of kernel is out.
Is it worth for a newbie in kernel compilation to wait a bit
till it'll be included in Slack and how long it might take than ?

Any help any criticism will be appreciated,
Rgds,

Andrei

1. Replacing old HDD with new bigger HDD, Please help me!

I would like to replace my old SCSI HDD with new bigger (3.2G) EIDE HDD.
My all linux box is in SCSI HDD, so I need somehow transfer all the
file systems and root files to new HDD. But, I don't want to reinstall
everything.

Is there any clever method for doing this job?

Could you anyone help me out?

Many thanks.

2. 2.3 not "seen" ...

3. How to upgrade to new Slackware?

4. gated on Solaris 86

5. TeX in the new slackware upgraded?

6. 2.5.71 won't boot, ACPI related

7. Upgrading to new slackware release.

8. Red Hat 4.2 Graphics card setup

9. Upgrade: Slackware -> new distribution

10. How to put linux, dos and nt in one hdd?

11. Which SCSI HDD can I put in Sparc?

12. Questions: Where To Put Partition On Second HDD + more

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.