Redhat 5.1 doesn't probe my network card

Redhat 5.1 doesn't probe my network card

Post by Chun H. N » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I just switched to Redhat5.1 from Redhat5.0. Redhat5.0 has no problem to
probe my network card-NE2000 compatible. But Redhat5.1 doesn't(sucks!).
I check the I/O address. There is no overlap between the network card
with other opponents. No IRQ overlap neither. Then I download a
program--ne2k.c from Donald Becker's ftp site. This program is used to
probe the NE2000 compatible network card and also initialize the card if
it found it.
ne2k.c does find my card, but redhat5.1 still could not notice such
device exists.
Can anybody help? Very appreciated!

Chun.

Redhat 5.1 doesn't probe my network card

Post by Jerry or Tho » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Just a chance, but . . . Is your network card an ISA one?
Have you run sndconfig?  If so, this runs isapnpconf and does
*not* include any configurations other than the sound card.
You have to do pnpdump and edit the files to include the
network card. All explained on page 97 of the 5.1 manual,
paragraph 6.4.2. Read up on isapnp tools.

Jerry

(Something's wrong - - I posted an *answer* before ever posting
a question -- and I'm a newbie!)