Red Hat floppyless install can't find Aztech CD

Red Hat floppyless install can't find Aztech CD

Post by Greg You » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello comp.os.linux.setup

I having trouble doing a floppy-less install off the Red Hat 3.0.3 CD.

The system: new Intel Pentium 100, Connor HD, Aztech CD.

The boot-off-the-CD install process can't seem to detect the Aztech CD drive.

If I select "Aztech etc" at the CD ROM screen and give no boot parameters,
later on the message appears "Aztech CD not found..." followed fairly soon
after by a kernel panic.

If I do the same thing, but supplying the boot parameter aztcd=0x170
(where 170 is the port as listed when the machine comes up in DOS) the
same thing happens.

I have also tried selecting "IDE/ATAPI" as the drive type, with various
combinations of "hdx=CD-ROM" where x ranges from a to d.

Still no joy.

Grateful for your help and guidance,

-Greg

--
Greg Young
Australian National University

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. ethernet problems...HELP

3. Installing Red Hat, can't find CD-ROM drive

4. Wacom ArtZ tablet with Linux?

5. Red Hat 3.0.3 install can't find SCSI CD

6. XF86 4.0.1 and sticky screen sides (mouse problems)

7. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

8. CD music with KDE doesn't work

9. 7.2 Install cannot find Red Hat CD-ROM

10. Red Hat install doesn't find NICs

11. Red Hat Linux 7.1 install error - Can't find root filesystem?

12. HELP: Red Hat install doesn't recognize my SCSI CD-ROM or Hard drives

13. Can't see my CD to install Red Hat 4.0