How do I modify groups for menus in AnotherLevel(fvwm95)?

How do I modify groups for menus in AnotherLevel(fvwm95)?

Post by Lewi » Mon, 07 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Folks:

        I have recently installed RedHad v5.2 on a machine, and have
been trying to figure out how to modify the menu structure in X
Windows.

        To the best of my understanding, all the available window
managers included in RH5.2 share some common configuration files for
the menu structure.

        I have figured out this much:

1.  To add or delete a program to an EXISTING group, simply create or
delete a file in the /etc/X11/wmconfig directory, and make it look
similar to the other files in the wmconfig directory.

2.  To modify the very top level of the menu, I have dicovered that
one needs to edit /etc/X11/AnotherLevel/fvwm2rc.menus.m4.

My question is this:

        In some documentation, I have seen that to place the files in
the groups that you want. there is a line in there to specify the
group, i.e. (this example taken from RedHat's site)

                xwp name "Word Perfect 7.0"
                           xwp description "Corel Word Perfect"
                           xwp group WordProcessors
                           xwp exec "/opt/wp70/wpbin/xwp &"

but my problem is (using the example abobe), if there is not a group
call WordProcessors, the menu entry gets "promoted" to the top level
(this is when I run wmconfig, the program).

QUESTION:

How do I add or delete groups in AnotherLevel?  Is there a decent
place to read documentation?  I have read in quite a few places, some
telling me to modify my .xinitrc.  I don't even have a .xinitrc!

I am considering going to KDE window manager, as I have read that it
is a little more friendly to modifying the menus.

Thanks in advance for your help,

The Lewis'

The Lewis's

Remove "NoSpam_" from email address if replying by email.

1. How do I modify groups for menus in AnotherLevel(fvwm95)?

[...]

2. Trouble Installing and running Slackware 2.0

3. Bootproblem!

4. help configuring fvwm95 (AnotherLevel & wmconfig)

5. Login: root fails!

6. Fvwm95??/anotherLevel RH5.1 startBar

7. address expression in ipchain rules

8. Problems with console and fvwm95 (AnotherLevel)

9. Here's some help configuring AnotherLevel Fvwm95 Window Manager

10. Warning about AnotherLevel (fvwm2 - a.k.a. fvwm95) 2.0.46

11. AnotherLevel Start menu

12. Adding screensavers to fvwm95-2 start menu