stty/modem/pppd settings with Cardinal inetrnal modem

stty/modem/pppd settings with Cardinal inetrnal modem

Post by Frank Siepman » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am not sure if it is the modem setting or just the modem of the other
end of my PPP connection. But I always get Errors in the receive-line of
ifconfig and the transmission is very slow 1,1 KB/s instead of 3,2 KB/s.
I screwed around with the setup of the serial-port stty, the option file
of pppd and the Modem that I am now totally confused.

I have a Cardinal internal modem.

Can someone help me and send the modem init-strings, stty settings and
the option file of pppd ?
Email would the best...

Thanks !

Frank Siepmann

1. Setting up a Cardinal modem

Hello, there

I'm trying to install a Cardinal modem into a 486 and cannot get it to work.
The initialization string will not execute in minicom, and I cannot type in
a AT command.

The config is:

    serial device:  /dev/ttyS3
    BPS/Par/Bits:    115200 8N1

Hardware and software

    486DX-66
    20MByte of Ram
    Red Hat Linux (Kernel 2.2.5-15)
    Cardinal 28.8IV with voice.

I would certainly appreciate anyone's advice.

ed collins

2. Konqueror history

3. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

4. Trident 9400CXI svgalib?

5. Modem Com settings? (Slow Modem)

6. Socket Access Denied

7. Anybody using Cardinal modems to dial-in ?

8. XSpice for Linux

9. Cardinal 14.4 Modem and Solaris 2.4 for x86

10. cardinal modem and isapnp

11. cardinal x2 modem

12. cardinal modem

13. Cardinal 33.6 PnP modem