CD Burning Software For Linux

Post by Les Labbau » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I need some help in getting CD-Burning Software working under Red Hat Linux 6.2.
I downloaded KreateCD, CDPARANOIA, CDRecord + Miskofs.  I am not sure how to install or
compile theses files, and there are no understandable instructions that came with the
downloads.  Any help would be appreciated.

Les
Former OS/2 User

Post by Garv Austi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I need some help in getting CD-Burning Software working under Red Hat Linux 6.2.
> I downloaded KreateCD, CDPARANOIA, CDRecord + Miskofs.  I am not sure how to install

You don't need to compile anything. And cdrecord, cdparanoia and mkisofs
are
on the Red Hat cd in the /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS directory.

If your cd-rw is IDE, you'll have to use the ide-scsi module, as Linux
is scsi friendly. To use this module, you'll have to add a message to
lilo that cd-rw is
scsi, and does not load as atapi. Modules are all compiled and
available.

Even with this setup, I could not get cdroast to work.

However, I had good luck with cdrtoaster that runs in X, and am still
using it today, even though I now have scsi cd-rw.

Read the cd-burning (or something like that) HOWTO!

If this is just confusing, use email, and I'll go into more detail.

Post by D. J. Poe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > I need some help in getting CD-Burning Software working under Red Hat Linux 6.2.
> > I downloaded KreateCD, CDPARANOIA, CDRecord + Miskofs.  I am not sure how to install

> You don't need to compile anything. And cdrecord, cdparanoia and mkisofs
> are
> on the Red Hat cd in the /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS directory.

> If your cd-rw is IDE, you'll have to use the ide-scsi module, as Linux
> is scsi friendly. To use this module, you'll have to add a message to
> lilo that cd-rw is
> scsi, and does not load as atapi. Modules are all compiled and
> available.

> Even with this setup, I could not get cdroast to work.

> However, I had good luck with cdrtoaster that runs in X, and am still
> using it today, even though I now have scsi cd-rw.

> Read the cd-burning (or something like that) HOWTO!

> If this is just confusing, use email, and I'll go into more detail.

Or check the tutorial at

  http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Tutorial/CDburner/pages/

This explained a lot to me!

DJ

1. whats the best CD burning software for linux?

Hi...

I want to be able to do the following:

burn single session CDs
burn multisession CDs
(maybe) psx CDs
do CD-CD copies.

I DONT (esp. in the first two cases) want to make image files.

what software fulfills these requirements?

TIA.

2. Adding SCSI drive

3. CD Burning software for FreeBSD?

4. NFS and ssh tunneling: problems

5. burning CDs for Sun Software

6. gcc, stdc++, and shared objects

7. CD Burning software

8. per-dir log module for Apache 1.1.1

9. Fast CD Burning Software

10. CD Burning software

11. Software to burn CD under Redhat 7.2?

12. Is there any software to burn logs onto CD on-the-fly ?