apm for Transmonde Vivante'

Post by Jim Da » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I just compiled kernel 2.0.32 with apm support enabled (no with all
other selections under this category) on a linux system running RedHat
4.2.
When I boot into new kernel, I got the following,

APM BIOS Version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.2)
Entry f000: b9dc Cseg16 f000 desg 40 cseg len ffff, dseg len ffff
Connection Version 1.1
AC off line, battery status high, battery liefe 100%
Battery flag 0x01, battery life 150 minutes

hda: TI......

Then the system hangs there. When the apm disabled, of course, the
system boots well.

I bought the  notebook from transmonde in California. The notebook is
produced by a Taiwan company called ASE Technologies, Inc.
CPU is Pentium 166 MMX. I am not sure
what information is helpful to you to tell what is going on with my
system.

I can supply more info if you tell me which info is needed.

In case that it matters,
Phoenix NoteBios 4.0
Built time 7/8/97

Thanks.
Jim

--
Jim Dai  404-894-9139 404-894-2301(fax) http://www.isye.gatech.edu/faculty/dai/
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering  and School of Mathematics