Red Hat 7.1 install, Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM woes

Red Hat 7.1 install, Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM woes

Post by Dorai Sitar » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:09:28

I have an oldish PC with a Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM drive that
works with Red Hat 7.0.  However, when I try to upgrade
to 7.1, the process fails to recognize the CD and exits
with kernel panic.  It asks for a driver disk, and I
feed it oldcdrom.img on a floppy, identifying the CD
as mcd, with parameters 0x300,11 (the port and IRQ).

If the CD drive is fried (although why would it work
for 7.0?), can I just replace it with a new Mitsumi
drive, or is this not at all the way to address the
problem?

Thanks,

--d

1. Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0 from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

Red Hat 4.0 Installation Problem from a Mitsumi Double Speed CD ROM
DRIVE.

I went to the DOS mode , tried to install RED HAT 4.0 from my Mitsumi 2X
CD ROM .
1) cd D:\dosutils\autoboot  ( my CD ROM Drive is D:\ )
It went through the process without any problem, when it get to
selecting CD ROM to install Linux , it can not identify my CD ROM.

I tried mcd=0X340, 10   it did not help. It simply said, it could not
find the device. I tried several times, no luck

Later I copy the files in the  RED HAT CD to my harddisk ( 600 MB ),and
made two floppy disks: 1) Boot disk 2) Supplemental disk  . I was able
to install Red Hat 4.0

Now I had the problem in running XFREE86_3.2, My video card Diamond
stealth 3D 2000 is not supported. So I have to move XFREE86_3.3. I have
already downloaded it from the NET. It is in my DOS partition , how do I
move it from DOS partition to Linux partition. I tried everything to
mount my dos drive, I simply can't see it.

Please help me.

Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0  from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

2. Exabyte tape device not working under OpenLinux 1.3

3. idraw wont work.... help

4. NFS mounting remote cdrom (ever?)...

5. Problem with passwd (bug??)

6. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

7. Red Hat 7.1 - Which CD-ROM?

8. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive

9. Another nightmare trying to install a 2X MITSUMI CD-ROM Drive!!!

10. Hard Drive thrashing on Red Hat 7.1 with SCSI CD-ROMs