Q: Why am I not authorized to use efnet irc servers

Q: Why am I not authorized to use efnet irc servers

Post by Wildman, the Cuberstalk » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I've recently set up kvirc under Redhat 5.2 and have been trying to connect
>to various efnet servers. Every server says I'm not authorized to use the
>server. I'm not using irc as root, so I'm at a loss as to why they are
>rejecting me. Do reverse lookups have to work for irc to work on efnet? When
>I use irc.slashdot.org, it works but says it can't resolve my hostname.

You've answered your own question - reverse lookups have to work.

--
Wildman, the Cuberstalker
Thank you, Microsoft, and please get out of the way.

1. EFNET - IRC]

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 13:37:19 -0400
Subject: EFNET - IRC
Greetings!  I am trying to log on to any EFnet server using TKirc.
I can easily connect with DALnet, or any other of the servers but not
EFnet.  I have had this problem before, fixed it, forgot what I did.
I know it has something to do with a file named in.identd.  I guess it
is because EFnet requires you to ping back your identity or something to
that affect.

If you can help at all, I'd appreciate it.  Just can;t hang with the
DALnet.

Mark

2. Problems with installing GLUT for MESA/OpenGL....

3. EFNET - IRC

4. ld dies in SLS 1.03

5. 2 Qs: IRC + identd, port forwarding + security

6. File manager for KDE

7. RH 4.0 control panel and "Client not authorized to connect to server" error

8. Networking

9. Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

10. Caldera 2.2 install:not authorized to connect to server

11. not authorized to connect to Server

12. Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server