connectivity issues.........

Post by strange.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

ive got a generic modem on ttyS2 set to irq3 that my linux (redhat
6.1) refuses to connect with.looked up the FCC ID, and it is not a
winmodem.i get "failed to initalize" error when i try to use dial up.
i wonder if anyone knows where i can get a generic device driver for
this modem, as this is the only thing i can think of why it doesn't
work.
]
SPECS:
ISA modem
56K
Texas insturments chipset
FCC ID H8NITA-31778-M5-E
model# FB V1456VQH-X
P/N 91791546

if anyone has any other information, or suggestions, please feel ferr
to let me know!!

Thank you all for your help

connectivity issues.........

Post by Robie Bas » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>ive got a generic modem on ttyS2 set to irq3 that my linux (redhat
>6.1) refuses to connect with.looked up the FCC ID, and it is not a
>winmodem.i get "failed to initalize" error when i try to use dial up.
>i wonder if anyone knows where i can get a generic device driver for
>this modem, as this is the only thing i can think of why it doesn't
>work.

If it is not a winmodem, then you don't need a driver, as all modems
work the same (winmodems aren't modems).

[...]

Robie.
--

connectivity issues.........

Post by David Efflan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>ive got a generic modem on ttyS2 set to irq3 that my linux (redhat
>6.1) refuses to connect with.looked up the FCC ID, and it is not a
>winmodem.i get "failed to initalize" error when i try to use dial up.
>i wonder if anyone knows where i can get a generic device driver for
>this modem, as this is the only thing i can think of why it doesn't
>work.
>]
>SPECS:
>ISA modem
>56K
>Texas insturments chipset
>FCC ID H8NITA-31778-M5-E
>model# FB V1456VQH-X
>P/N 91791546

The normal IRQ for /dev/ttyS2 (Com3) is irq 4.  If you specifically have
it jumpered to irq 3 instead, you will need to use setserial to tell Linux
that, and make sure you are not using a mouse or anything on ttyS1 (Com2)
or ttyS3 (Com4).  Or is your modem really on ttyS1 (Com2).  If it really
is on ttyS2 using irq 3, try this:

/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS2 port 0x3e8 irq 3 ^auto_irq ^skip_test autoconfig

Then see if 'setserial -bg /dev/ttyS2' shows the proper UART.  Or test it
with 'minicom' set to that port and see if you get any response to AT
commands.

If that works, you could put that line in /etc/rd.c/rd.local

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. connectivity issues

    I'm having a problem with an AIX 4.3 RS/6000 on a network.  It has
an older network card with AUI and BNC ports.  I have it set up to use
the BNC port and have given it an IP address with a class C subnet
mask.  It is attacked to a 10Mb hub that also has a BNC port.  The hub
is then connected to a 10/100 switch downstairs.  I can now ping any of
the PC's on the network and can get to the RS/6000 from any of the PC,
but I cannot ping the gateway or the printer (HP8100) from the RS/6000
nor can I ping the RS/6000 from the firewall that serves as the
gateway.  even stranger is that after I try to ping the firewall, it's
MAC address shows up in the RS/6000's arp cache correctly, but the ping
still fails.  the PC's can all get to and through the firewall and print
to the printer just fine.

TIA
-Eric

2. Banner Page on Networked Unix Printer

3. NTP server connectivity issue on RedHat 8.0

4. KernelConf - menuconfig and help works

5. Internet connectivity issue

6. AWE64 Sound problem

7. internet connectivity issues

8. qmailadmin

9. @home & linux, connectivity issues

10. Management and connectivity issues

11. Windows based X client connectivity issues ...

12. IBM mainframe/Unix connectivity questions/issues

13. Issuing /sbin/ifdown eth0 causes eth1 to lose network connectivity