kernel compiling problem

Post by Jinghua Ta » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

  There are three problems when I compiled the kernel 2.2.17
for redhat 6.2 linux. First problem is I don't know how to
generate the module-info file for the new kernel. The second
problem is I cann't mount the windows 98 disks any more, the
new kernel complain the major and minor device number of the
windows partitions, although I selected the dos and vfat file
system support when configuring the kernel. The last problem is
I could not find the sound support module for the ESS SOLO
from the new kernel, the original kernel from redhat can
support this sound card.

  Thank you in advance for your insights!

  Jinghua

1. kernel compiling problems--kernel symbols not found

get_kernel_sys failed: Cannot find Kernel symbols!
that's what it says after i recompiled my linux (going from 2.0.29 to
2.0.30)  it works just fine, but displays few of those during the
startup.  i have nothing fancy, no x, no modem, no net, just ide hdd
and ide cdrom.  any ideas?  if you need more details, please, email me

thanks

2. statd and 2.5x86

3. Network problem, kernel compile problem

4. tool for shell?

5. Kernel compile problem with (P)GCC 2.95

6. Remove compile warning from fs/ncpfs/inode.c

7. RH7 Kernel Compiling Problem - Need KGCC

8. Swing (JFC) on SCO OSR5 within Netscape Navigator.

9. 2.0.2 Kernel Compile Problems

10. kernel compiling problem

11. Kernel compiling problem

12. general kernel compiling problems on 164SX

13. 2.0 Kernel compile problems