1. please help - lost LILO, LILO lost
i recently brought my linux system down by doing some stupid thing.
i went as far as having no choice but to reset the system a few
times. after that, i tried booting win95 (sorry this beast coexists
on my hard drives). upon getting the wallpaper on screen, the screen
went blank and there was no response. then i rebooted the computer
and this time the lilo prompt was changed from "LILO: " to "LI"
and the system hung. i had no emergency boot disks ready (it was
under work at that time) but i did have a boot disk for win95 and so
i got the dos prompt with that. however, many directories were
not readable, one of which contained a comm program that i needed to
use. i turned to my good old 386, made a rescue disk and somehow
managed to get into linux again. now everythings works fine under
linux with booting from a floppy but i can't figure out how i could
fix the supposedly damaged MBR. i tried restoring the old MBR by
'lilo -u' and 'dd if=/boot/boot.0300 of=/dev/hda bs=446 count=1'
and reinstall lilo but it didn't work. by restoring the old mbr,
i get a message like 'insert system disk' or something, and by
reinstalling it, i get the "LI" prompt again. the lilo.conf file
is as follows.
i still can mount win95 filesystems and i think everything is readable,
if that matters. help, anyone please?
Our freedom, or your life! <RATM>
2. hpux cc
3. Help: Need help with LILO config file.
4. Netgear FA310TX Full Duplex question
5. please help with LILO, pervious post did not help
6. Q: RAID with LUN's on Sun
7. HELP (PLEASE) LILO needed fix-table to install on IDE drive
8. Colors in Directories (for tty/xterms)
9. Help: fdisk/lilo & Disk Geometry
10. help with lilo
11. Newbie: Help with LILO
12. Help with LILO?
13. I need some help with LILO.