Intellimouse wheel doesn't scroll windows

Intellimouse wheel doesn't scroll windows

Post by rinco » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How can I get my intellimouse to scroll windows using the wheel?

--
Thank you,
Gerardo Rincon

Post by Mohd H Misn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>How can I get my intellimouse to scroll windows using the wheel?

Check out this page:

http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

--

|AMDK6-2/300/Linux2.2.12 | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3319/   |
-"Bother!", said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.

Intellimouse wheel doesn't scroll windows

Post by Daniel CWR Boughto » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I explored this once and found something to the effect of "doesn't work
if the mouse has a non-color logitech logo"  along with some bits about
"different guts inside".  I haven't tried to debug the code yet to find
out what is going on so I could get mine running.

If you find out or do the code work then let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel

> How can I get my intellimouse to scroll windows using the wheel?

> --
> Thank you,
> Gerardo Rincon

Intellimouse wheel doesn't scroll windows

Post by Mohd H Misn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I explored this once and found something to the effect of "doesn't work
>if the mouse has a non-color logitech logo"  along with some bits about
>"different guts inside".  I haven't tried to debug the code yet to find
>out what is going on so I could get mine running.

>If you find out or do the code work then let me know.

Thats for Logitech mice and not for Microsoft Intellimouse mice. I've posted the
URL pointing to a website that will tell you everything about getting the
Intellimouse to work. If you're too lazy to check it out, do the following:

1. edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config and change your protocol to:

For PS/2 mice:

Section "Pointer"
  Protocol "IMPS/2"
  Device   "/dev/psaux"
  ZAxisMapping 4 5
  Buttons 5
EndSection

Change that to Protocol => "Intellimouse" and Device => your serial port, if
you've serial Intellimouse.

2. Restart your X (if you're on KDM/XDM, do ctl-alt-backspace will restart it)

--

|AMDK6-2/300/Linux2.2.12 | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3319/   |
-Fiddle: Friction of a horse's tail on a cat's entrails.