1. #9FX Motion 531 VLB and XFree86
I'm trying to set up an old AMD DX4/120 system as
a Linux box (RH6.0) and I'm having trouble with
the video card - #9FX Motion 531 VLB. This card
has the S3 868 chipset and is specifically listed
as being Linux compatible in the hardware
compatibility list. Also, XF86Config and
XF86Setup specifically list this card as a choice
in their card lists. However, starting XFree86's
S3 X server always hangs the machine. The card
will work with XFree86's VGA16 server, but
nothing else. I've tried the nolinear and
nomemaccess options as suggested in XF86Setup,
but to no avail. Does anyone have other
suggestions? I'm afraid it's a problem with VLB.
Thanks for the help,
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
3. #9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card
6. Mapping DEL on SUN Keyboard to BS under aix
7. #9 motion 531 success xf3.1.1
8. Setting up PPP on RedHat 2.1
9. #9 Motion 531 -- I am happy with it
10. Number Nine FX 531 Motion on X-Windows???
11. XFConfig for #9 Motion 531??
12. #9 Motion 531 at 16bpp 7 24bpp?
13. #9 Motion 531