1. Linux/Windows living happily together
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
As a temporary setup, I'm trying to see if I can network the Linux desktop
machine and my Win95 notebook without network cards (Using SLIP or PPP). I
would just get the net cards, however when I return to school in September
I'll need NICs for the new on-campus network, and other than the fact that
they use TP connectors I know nothing about the network there (Speed,
etc.), so I can't have a guarantee that the NICs I get now will work with
that same net.
My problem seems to be that Windows can't handle more than one
"Dial-Up-Networking" connection at a time; is there a workaround for this?
(Yes, I know this would be more suited in comp.os.windows or something). I
would use the Linux box for ip-masq and such, however the modem in it (Zoom
33.6 PlugAndPray) isn't detected by Linux, Zoom's "Easy-to-use DOS PnP
Program" doesn't detect any Zoom modems in the computer (I _still_ havn't
figured that one out yet), and the last time I tried the PnP stuff for
Linux it wasn't working too well.
If anyone has an idea for me, even if it's just bite the bullet and buy
some NICs and hope they're fast enough for the net at school, I'd
appreciate it. TIA...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 5.5.5
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Steve Huston - Rowan University Comp Sci Major
New Jersey, USA
PGP Public keys:
DSS/DH 0x0A529FF8 fp: C38F 274B F2A8 CE5A 60A5 A8E9 C7B9 AEDD 0A52 9FF8
RSA 0xC373028D fp: ADE0 854D 753E EB53 9DFA 5F04 8283 CC99
"And no one sings me lullabies,
and no one makes me close my eyes;
And so I throw the windows wide
and call to you across the sky" --Pink Floyd, "Echoes"
2. Multiple Network Configurations (HOWTO)
3. GNOME and GIMP living happily together?
4. script setuid
5. MAILING-LIST: firstname.lastname@example.org still lives -- on making Linux a viable business-computing OS
6. Does Linux ignore bit settings on Serial Ports ???
7. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code830
8. Pentium Overdrive vs DX4/100
9. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code2311
10. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code820
11. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code826
12. Will Linux and Novell network happily?
13. Making Linux Print to Win95 Print Server .. How?