Ramdisk error on bootup

Post by Zahir Lalan » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am trying to install Slackware 3.4 onto my machine. The LILO instruction
screen comes up fine waiting for extra parameters. I press enter and the
system shows that it is loading the ramdisk. then it gives error 0x10. It
does this every time. I have tried with version 3.02 and same problem.

I have a PC with 233Mhz MMX chip, Intel Motherboard, 3G SCSI disk (1G dos,
1G NTFS, 1G linux), 128M RAM, ATAPI CDROM.

Any clues about the Ramdisk - I cannot see where to interpret error codes
from the docs.

Thanks

Zahir Lalani

1. Error while loading ramdisk: Error 0x08

Hello, world.

I am having some problems with my slackware 1.1.2. I wanted to Linux this
morning (new verb), but my root filesystem came up as read-only. So I
tried to boot with the bootkernel to be able to edit some files on my
root-partition. But after I typed mount root=/dev/sda2, which is my
Linux root-filesystem, I get the message Error 0x08. After that it
continuously tries to boot, but the same error message appears.

Then I tried booting the ramdisk, but no results either. In fact, the
same error message appears. I really don't understand this, because I
installed Linux with the same bootkernel flop.

I anyone has any suggestions, thanks in advance.

2. Multiple IP aliases on single interface

3. problem with creating ramdisk: kernel loads, but hangs when it tries to mount ramdisk

4. after recompiling of kernel my first public ip is gone however alias is still workin'

5. - ramdisk.image.gz (0/78) Re: potato on beige G3: where is ramdisk?

6. Q::INSTALL - Slackware 3.0 CD and SBPCD not working.

7. ramdisk for linux: mount /ramdisk

8. libgcc.a: could not read symbols

9. init ramdisk vs. root ramdisk

10. ramdisk driver initialized: 16 ramdisks of 4096K size

11. Q: RAMDISK, how to make use of a ramdisk specified in kernel Makefile

12. Most common bootup failures that req "Rescue Mode" bootup?