Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

Post by Tony Da Silv » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:58:43

HI,

Hopefully somebody can help me. I've got a analogue leased line with a
Duxbury leased modem at a remote branch, it was connecting between 2 NT
machines over this analogue line using a NULL MODEM driver. I have to
migrate the branch to a linux machine and it has to connect to the NT
machine across this same analogue link using the duxbury modem.

I've been battling the entire day trying to get it going, but dont know how
to set up the connection as a null modem ?
with wvdial I'm connecting to /dev/ttyS0 and I keep getting responses that
"Modem is not responding"
The analogue modem however has connected to the other side as the CD light
is on - I just need to establish a ppp session between this linux machine
and the NT machine.

Please help before I pull all my hair out :)

--
Thanx guys !
Tony

1. Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

[...]

2. Solaris 2.3 freezes when dumpex starts

3. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

4. Dell 1900 Flat Panel

5. PPP from linux to NT using NULL MODEM and RAS

6. Suse Linux 7 and Windows 2000

7. PPP on NT and Linux with null modems

8. SCO OpenServer,Mylex DAC960

9. NT and Linux PPP with null modems

10. PPP on NT/Linux with null modems

11. Linux (or NT) to Cisco via null modem cable into 2509 async port

12. NT 4 and Linux using the NT bootloader

13. Using SLIP/PPP over Async Analog Leased LInes, How?