star office 5.2 on red hat 6.2???

Post by rev_fr.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hey folks, I need some help with this one, when I try and install star
office 5.2 on my dell (P3 600 1/2gig ram) I get the following error "#
./setup
glibc version: 2.1.3" and it just hangs there, I am trying to run setup
out of the /mnt/cdrom/linux/office52 directory, has this happened to
anyone else out there, I couldn't find any info on it, any info is
greatly appreciated, thanks...

Frank Rizzo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

star office 5.2 on red hat 6.2???

Post by Cokey de Perci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hey folks, I need some help with this one, when I try and install star
> office 5.2 on my dell (P3 600 1/2gig ram) I get the following error "#
> ./setup
> glibc version: 2.1.3" and it just hangs there, I am trying to run setup
> out of the /mnt/cdrom/linux/office52 directory, has this happened to
> anyone else out there, I couldn't find any info on it, any info is
> greatly appreciated, thanks...

> Frank Rizzo

I haven't seen the problem and I just installed SO 5.2 on RH 6.2 with
no problems.  My system is strictly vanilla.  I can't imagine what
the problem is

Best

Cokey

Cokey de Percin, DBA            Email:

star office 5.2 on red hat 6.2???

Post by John Beardmor » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I haven't seen the problem and I just installed SO 5.2 on RH 6.2 with
>no problems.  My system is strictly vanilla.  I can't imagine what
>the problem is

Does SO ship as part of the standard RH distribution ?  If not, where do
you get it ?  Can it be downloaded or is it too big ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore

star office 5.2 on red hat 6.2???

Post by Thomas Rasmusse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

 >> I haven't seen the problem and I just installed SO 5.2 on RH 6.2
 >> with no problems.  My system is strictly vanilla.  I can't imagine
 >> what the problem is

 John> Does SO ship as part of the standard RH distribution ?  If not,
 John> where do you get it ?  Can it be downloaded or is it too big ?

You can download it from http://www.veryComputer.com/'s
about 100Megs (but can't remember)
Many distributions ship with staroffice when you buy it, but not the
downloadable distributions.

/Thomas

--
"To *! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!"
-- Homer Simpson

star office 5.2 on red hat 6.2???

Post by John Beardmor » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >> I haven't seen the problem and I just installed SO 5.2 on RH 6.2
> >> with no problems.  My system is strictly vanilla.  I can't imagine
> >> what the problem is

> John> Does SO ship as part of the standard RH distribution ?  If not,
> John> where do you get it ?  Can it be downloaded or is it too big ?

>You can download it from http://www.sun.com/staroffice I believe it's
>about 100Megs (but can't remember)

Is that in source form ?

Quote:>Many distributions ship with staroffice when you buy it, but not the
>downloadable distributions.

Does it ship as part of RH 6.2 for Alpha boxed set ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore

1. Red Hat 7.1 and Star Office 5.2

I have an Dell - I8K notebook. I have installed Redhat 7.1  and Star
Office 5.2 in it. When I execute soffice as root, it works fine but when
I try to run it as another user it gives me an error

"/pkgs/office52/user/sofficerc/ file not found".

Though the file is there. When I ask it to repair the error, it gives me
another error:

"common.dir cannot be uncompressed. Might  not be enough disk space."

Any help will be appreciated.

  TIA,
anshul

2. Supra 28.8i PNP install problem

3. Head Hat 5.2, ZIP drive and Star Office 5.0

4. Trying to upgrade to sdl-1.2.5

5. star office 5.2 and open office 6.3

6. What's the !@#$%& Password for a new Installation

7. Red Hat 6.2 works but not Red hat 7

8. Composing words from a set of letters (like scrabble)?

9. Will Star Office run on a Sparc IPX w/Red Hat?

10. Star office on Red Hat 6.1

11. Problem installing Star Office on Red Hat 6

12. Red Hat 7.1: Did it come with Star Office and Sun's JDK?

13. Problem with Star Office on Red Hat 5.1 System