MOUNT POINT /DOSC Does Not Exist????

Post by Brian C. Dav » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to mount my first partition.  Which is my Dos partition and
Redhat flashes the following error message when booting

Mount:  mount point /dosc does not exist

I get the same error message when I try to do a

mount /dev/hda1 /dos -t msdos

Any help would be appreciated

Post by Lars Wilso » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: I'm trying to mount my first partition.  Which is my Dos partition and
: Redhat flashes the following error message when booting

: Mount:  mount point /dosc does not exist

: I get the same error message when I try to do a

: mount /dev/hda1 /dos -t msdos

: Any help would be appreciated

When you mount a filesystem, you have to mount it *on* something--kind
of like a plug into a receptacle. This receptacle is a directory, so
what mount is telling you (in its own way) is that you don't have a
directory called /dosc to mount the filesystem on.

The fix is simple: mkdir /dosc

The same goes for /dos.

Good luck!

Lars Torben Wilson                    "Crystalline, crystalline;
student, Computer Science Dep't.       He's got a crystal kidney, and he's
University of Tampere                  Ready to die, in the
Suomi Finland                          Pygmy Twylyte..."
http://www.uta.fi/~cslawi                        -Frank Zappa

MOUNT POINT /DOSC Does Not Exist????

Post by Nick Brut » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm trying to mount my first partition.  Which is my Dos partition and
> Redhat flashes the following error message when booting

> Mount:  mount point /dosc does not exist

> I get the same error message when I try to do a

> mount /dev/hda1 /dos -t msdos

> Any help would be appreciated

Have you created the mount-point ??

i.e. mkdir /dosc or mkdir /dos

Nick

1. Mount point does not exist/device fd0 does not exist

Does anybody know why i get this message when i try to mount my fd0?
The first times i tried, it worked, i could read and write to
diskette.  Suddenly it was not possible anymore. I give it the command
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt

I tried many things, got suggestions of colleagues, but nothing works.
I tried to alter my mtab and fstab, that did not work either.

2. Redhat vs Debian? Which one?

3. mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist

4. sshfs ?

5. CDROM Problem: "mount point /cdrom does not exist"

6. 2.4 network slowness...Wierd

7. Another SB-16 problem << MOUNT POINT \cdrom DOES NOT EXIST >>

8. mount point /cdrom does not exist

9. Mount point none does not exist?

10. Mount point does not exist?

11. Mount Point Does Not Exist?