Diamond Multimedia 56i SP modem

Post by Guido Reina Alcántar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I have a Diamond Multimedia 56i SP internal modem, is it a winmodem?. Can I
use it under Linux?. In Windows it is under COM3, using IRQ10 and I/O
address: 3E8-3EF. If it works with Linux, how can I configure it?.

Thanks in advance.

Diamond Multimedia 56i SP modem

Post by Rob Cla » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I have a Diamond Multimedia 56i SP internal modem, is it a winmodem?. Can I
>use it under Linux?. In Windows it is under COM3, using IRQ10 and I/O
>address: 3E8-3EF. If it works with Linux, how can I configure it?.

You probably need to set the Plug-and-Play address and IRQ of your modem.
See the Modem-HOWTO for details.

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html <-- Linux/modem compat. list
                            Diamond modems mostly in the "4V4" section

1. Diamond Multimedia 56i SP modem

Hi all,

I have a Diamond Multimedia 56i SP internal modem, is it a winmodem?. Can I
use it
under Linux?. In Windows it is under COM3, using IRQ10 and I/O address:
3E8-3EF. If it works with Linux, how can I configure it?.

Thanks in advance.

2. Newbie Gimp Question

3. Modem Diamond Multimedia Supra PCI 56i - winmodem or not?

4. Masquerading question

5. Diamond Supra Express 56i SP PC Modem

6. fingerd information

7. Diamond Supra Express 56i Sp Compatible?

8. drive mapping

9. Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

10. Modem diamond supraexpress 56i not working under linux?!

11. Diamond Supra Express 56i PRO Pci modem

12. Diamond 56i PCI modem and RedHat5.1