SMC 8216C Ultra 16 NIC

Post by Matthias Runt » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
thinking about installing Linux. I have a SMC 8216C Ultra 16 Network
Card. Do I need a driver for it? If so, where do I get it?

Matt

SMC 8216C Ultra 16 NIC

Post by jsiembi » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

        Hi,

                There are included drivers for SMC cards in kernel
sources. You shouldn't have any problems.

Jarek

> Hi,
> thinking about installing Linux. I have a SMC 8216C Ultra 16 Network
> Card. Do I need a driver for it? If so, where do I get it?

> Matt

1. SMC Elite Ultra Combo (8216C(ombo))

We have problems to get our Linux Box to the network.
At boot time the smc-ultra driver detects the card (right)
at 0x300, IRQ 9. But the network is unreachable. No ping works
to and from the host. What shall I check to find the problem?
Thanks
chris

2. php4 and apache setup problem

3. SMC Elite 16 Ultra

4. How to get error messages of one command from shell

5. SMC elite 16 ultra problems

6. TTY funky mode

7. SMC Ultra 16-bit ethernet card

8. looking PD math software announcement (~2 months old)

9. Smc ethercard elite 16 ultra 8x16 - HELP !!!

10. SMC Ether 16 Ultra (8216)

11. RH8.0 and SMC Ethernet Elite 16 Ultra (network install?)

12. Problems with SMC 16 Ultra card

13. Ethernet/Networking problem with SMC Ultra 16