Installing Caldera OpenLinux 1.3

Post by Rob Carnegi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I got an error code 111 after exiting the setup program where you
configure mouse, kyb, etc. Yet Linux still went into the environment with
the black mesh and the mouse cursor, but no buttons were there to click
(this was directly after installation, into the Linux Root Directory)and I
had to reboot. I have System Commander (dual-boot software) installed
along with Win98, and I chose Linux when my PC rebooted. It promptly hung,
and it does every time. Any ideas?

My PC is perfectly quick, with two IDE hard drives, each with two
partitions, all FAT32 except for the Linux partition, in which LILO is
also installed.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Caldera OpenLinux 1.3-Boot from floppy

I just purchased the newest Caldera distribution and would like to know
if the setup program will allow me to boot from a floppy disk instead of
installing LILO on a hard disk to run Linux?  I'm new to Linux and don't
want to take a chance on ruining my Win95 hard disk MBR.

 I've already installed RedHat 5.1 to my 2nd hard disk and use a floppy
to boot into Linux, but although Red Hat runs there are to many problems
(CD-Rom, parallel port, setting up PPP, etc) with it.  Also, I wanted a
distribution with KDE.  I plan to uninstall RedHat and replace it with
Caldera.  Is Caldera 1.3 a good distribution?  I just want a good basic
installation where everything works well.

Mike S.

2. help MAXTECH 5988 monitor

3. Caldera OpenLinux 1.3

4. 2.5.70 - IRQs+PCMCIA: Nobody cares! *sniff*

5. Is my 13,5GB IBM disk is to great for old Caldera OpenLinux 1.3?

6. 10 to 25 serial port converter cable for 7013 500s

7. Red Hat Linux 5.1 - Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 installation: need assistance (London)

8. Windows 95

9. ANNOUNCE: Apache 1.3.6 RPMs for Caldera OpenLinux 1.3

10. i740 server and Caldera OpenLinux 1.3

11. Red Hat Linux 5.2 or Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 ?

12. Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 - Buggy Beyond Belief???

13. Caldera openlinux 1.3 DHCP client... how do I set it up?