redhat linux6.0:copying files between linux and dos partitions.

redhat linux6.0:copying files between linux and dos partitions.

Post by nitim » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hello friends !
on my computer i have installed windows98 and redhat linux6.0 on two
different partitions . i wanted to access my win98 partition from linux so i
mounted it and now although i am being able to browse all the directory
structure of win98 partition but i am not getting success in copying the
files from one partition to another .so is it possible ?? if yes , please
tell me how???
regards --nitima

Post by root » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> hello friends !
> on my computer i have installed windows98 and redhat linux6.0 on two
> different partitions . i wanted to access my win98 partition from linux so i
> mounted it and now although i am being able to browse all the directory
> structure of win98 partition but i am not getting success in copying the
> files from one partition to another .so is it possible ?? if yes , please
> tell me how???
> regards --nitima

You may be trying to write something (copying too) to some directory
you don't have permission to.

1. redhat linux6.0:how to copy files between windows98 and linux partitions???

hello friends !
on my computer i have installed windows98 and redhat linux6.0 on two
different partitions . i wanted to access my win98 partition from linux
 so i mounted it and now although i am being able to browse all the
directory structure of win98 partition but i am not getting success in
 copying the files from one partition to another .so is it possible ??
if yes , please tell me how???
regards --nitima

2. pam access.so

3. red hat linux6.0:copying of files from linux to dos via floppy

4. Long PATH variables in SCO

5. red hat linux6.0:doe to copy files between windows98 and linux partition???

6. Apache 1.3b3 for Windows (problems with PERL)

7. WANTED : Utility to copy file from Dos Partition (Win95) to Linux Partition

8. EDP event on CPU

9. how to copy files from dos partition to linux

10. Trncated files copying from a DOS partition

11. How can Dos partitions & Dos files be viewed in Linux ?

12. cp'ing files from Dos/Windows partition to Linux partition