Red Hat 5.1 install error: "error 2"

1. Red Hat 5.1 Install and "no valid devices" error

I just bought and am trying to install Red Hat 5.1, but it doesn't
seem to recognize my IDE hard drive.

The error occurs right after it asks me if I have any SCSI adapters.
I answer "no", and then it asks me if I would like to use Disk Druid
or fdisk to partition and set up my hard disk.

If I answer "Disk Druid" it says that "no valid devices were found on
which to create new filesystems."

If I answer "fdisk" it says "You do not have any hard drives
available"

My machine is a 486/25 with 16 mb of ram.  The hard disk is currently
FAT16 formatted and partitioned into two sections of 16 and 100 mb.
DOS can read my hard disk fine.  The Linux boot disk can read my
CD-ROM fine.

Anyone have an idea of what is wrong?  TIA,

Eric Jansson

2. xfs: problems talking with XTerminal xserver

3. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

4. telnet and flow control

5. Red Hat Install - HD problem - "error opening directory"

6. Anyone help configurting cisco 2511 w/ xtacacsd?

7. Redhat 5.1 -- "Error 2 reading header: Success install exited abnormally...reboot."

8. Which printer?

9. Red Hat 5.1 with Mouse Systems "COM 5" card

10. RexTech: "Microsoft Windows NT 5.0 vs. Red Hat Linux 5.1"

11. Red Hat 5.1 and Mouse Systems "COM 5" card

12. Install error on G3: "error unpacking archive: unknown error"