Help : about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Help : about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Post by Byeong Soo Yu » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed the Linux on my PC(pentium100, 16MRAM).
But I have a problem with booting the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

My booting environment is as following :
 kernel file name  : vmlinuz.
 graphic adaptor   : VGA/EGA
 driver of linux directory   : D:\

I have run the loadlinx.exe as following :
 d:\loadlin\loadlinx d:\linux\vmlinuz root=d: vga=3;
After executing the command above, my harddisk driver was running
but monitor is out of order.
What is the problem of booting?
Please let me know how to boot the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

Your prompt respons will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Byeong-soo Yun

Post by Marc D. Willia » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I have installed the Linux on my PC(pentium100, 16MRAM).
>But I have a problem with booting the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

>My booting environment is as following :
> kernel file name  : vmlinuz.
> graphic adaptor   : VGA/EGA
> driver of linux directory   : D:\

>I have run the loadlinx.exe as following :
> d:\loadlin\loadlinx d:\linux\vmlinuz root=d: vga=3;
>After executing the command above, my harddisk driver was running
>but monitor is out of order.
>What is the problem of booting?
>Please let me know how to boot the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

My startup goes like this:
  c:\linux\boot\loadlin c:\linux\boot\zimage.dos root=/dev/hda1 rw

Linux identifies drives like the above not d: (far as I know).
hda1 is c:. Try it with /hda2 and see what happens.
The vga=3 line I don't know about.

Check to see if you have a loadlin.txt file somewhere.
Ah, I'll send you mine anyway.

--

Quote:>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams

IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #dos  #IrcHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet

Help : about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Post by Marc D. Willia » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I have installed the Linux on my PC(pentium100, 16MRAM).
>But I have a problem with booting the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

Also, my email to you didn't work.
If you don't have loadlin.txt somewhere and want, you'll have
to email me.

Marc

1. Help:about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Hi,

I have installed the Linux on my PC(pentium100, 16MRAM).
But I have a problem with booting the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

My booting environment is as following :
 kernel file name  : vmlinuz.
 graphic adaptor   : VGA/EGA
 driver of linux directory   : D:\

I have run the loadlinx.exe as following :
 d:\loadlin\loadlinx d:\linux\vmlinuz root=d: vga=3;
After executing the command above, my harddisk driver was running
but monitor is out of order.
What is the problem of booting?
Please let me know how to boot the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

Your prompt respons will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Byeong-soo Yun

2. Sendmail, virtual domains, solaris 2.5

3. Is there an extended precision type for float/double?

4. Help:"swap -c.."linux partition on umsdos filesystem

5. What netscape version to get for 486DX machine???

6. Help! VFS: mounted root (umsdos filesystem)

7. Rewrite URL

8. HELP:Diskquota + UMSDOS Filesystem

9. Accessing the DOS partition while using Linux with UMSDOS filesystem

10. Running Linux in DOS fat filesystem: here it is, UMSDOS

11. Perormance of Linux with UMSDOS filesystem

12. Booting from NT boot loader--UMSDOS fs