Linux RedHat 5.0 and IBM Internet

Post by T.A. » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

    Linux is supported (in a way) by the IBM Internet Connection.
(www.ibm.net)  On their web page, they gave me a detailed instruction list
on how to connect to the internet under Linux.  Well, everything dials
correctly (I think) and I connect.  The problem is, is that I cannot ping
any server at all, and the physical dial up connection drops after about 5
minutes.  I use a USR Courier V.everything modem which has jumpers that I
can configure to turn off plug and play features and manually set the IRQ if
needed.  I can at least dial the number so I don't know if it is because the
modem is not supported.  I would love to get this working because one of the
main uses for this computer is for connecting to the internet.  (I am
getting tired of windows locking up with IE 4.0 which always messes things
up.)  Please take a moment of your time and E-mail me.  Your explanation can
be in simple or complex terms because I have all day to figure this out.