slakware boot disk won't boot (help)

Post by donald l moor » Mon, 05 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I resently purchased linux unleashed im trying to install slakware
the problem is useing rawrite to write the bare boot image to drive a:
ive have tryed other boot images also my boot disk won't boot.

I have a intel p5 100mhz, 8megs ram, triton chipset, 1.6 gig hd,

if any one can help me it would be appreciated

slakware boot disk won't boot (help)

Post by donald l moor » Mon, 05 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I resently purchased linux unleashed im trying to install slakware
the problem is useing rawrite to write the bare boot image to drive a:
ive have tryed other boot images also my boot disk won't boot.

I have a intel p5 100mhz, 8megs ram, triton chipset, 1.6 gig hd,

if any one can help me it would be appreciated.

slakware boot disk won't boot (help)

Post by Beth Linds » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

me too!  I got linux unleashed and I can't get past the "uncompressing linux"
message at the bottom of the screen!

slakware boot disk won't boot (help)

Post by John Sh » Fri, 09 Aug 1996 04:00:00

1. *NEW* boot disk won't, *OLD* boot disk will!

 A couple of days ago, I installed the Slackware D-series that I had
downloaded and stored on a *DOS* partition on my Fujitsu 128MB m.o. scsi
drive (hooray!).

 At one point I was told that I was required to install the Linux kernel
if I wanted to use the C compiler, so I did.

 When there was no more software to install, I was asked (and I think
advised) to make a new boot disk, which I did.

 However, when I tried to 'reboot' using my new boot disk, I got a
"kernel panic" and a dead machine, so I punched the RESET button, but the
same thing happened: kernel panic.

 So, I tried booting with my old boot disk, which worked!

 Question: How come my old boot disk works but my supposedly new boot
disk doesn't?

 Followup: Is this something I should be concerned about or can I just
recycle that "new" boot disk?
--
  Bill Hogan

--
  Bill Hogan

2. DHCP

3. BOOT DISK won't boot..help?!

4. changing NICs - new NIC won't start on boot

5. Won't boot from boot disk - "crc error"

6. How do I use pbm2ppa with samba

7. KERNEL BOOT DISK WON'T BOOT!

8. How do you configure a BitSURFR Pro ISA under Linux?

9. Slackware boot disk won't boot.

10. Installation Problems (Boot Disk Won't Boot!)

11. Slackware Boot disk won't boot

12. Can't complete install of Slakware, won't make boot floppy

13. slackware boot disk won't boot