1. I am not able to compile Emacs 19.25 under Linux anymore
Well, a few weeks ago I installed Slackware 2.0.1 with Emacs 19.27 and I
finally got really frustrated with that version of Emacs, cause it takes so
long to start this Emacs. And I haven't figured out yet, what the reason for
this behaviour is.
So I thought "Why not install Emacs 19.25 again.", but the compiled version I
have at home doesn't run at all. The symptoms are, I can't edit anything cause
the cursor is jumping within a given line of text, some text is lost while
editing and so on. Ok, I said, then I compile Emacs myself for the first time.
(I thought it may be some problem with a new library or so.) The compilation
was ok, no errors or so at all and configure found all it needs too. But after
I started my self-made Emacs, I was shocked, cause the same errors as with the
Ah, by the way, I compiled an Emacs without X-Support too. And I think it works
fine. (I haven't tested the version in deep, but I think it worked.)
So, if anyone can tell me how to make Emacs 19.27 startup faster or how to make
Emacs 19.25 run under Slackware 2.0.1, I would be very pleased and thankful.
See ya on the flipside,
2. Newbie: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError when using readproc via JNI
3. This clone thing...am I stupid, or am I right?
4. UNIX Integration Dept. Mgr. - to $80K - US/NJ
5. adaptec 2940UW SCSI driver for LinuxPPC?
6. I am with the following error, when i am running lilo...
7. PowerStorm 3D30 Graphics Support?
8. Am I touchy? Or am I right?
9. Am I seeing IPv5, or am I hallucinating?
10. I am buying an Ultra 5 but am lost in part numbers ....
11. I am in text mode, what browser am I running....
12. I am si**y am I?