Netscape 3.01 setup problems.

Post by RHS Linux Use » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

When I run Netscape 3.01 it doesn't let me use the "Backspace" key
to delete anything I type... I have to do a "ctrl-H".  Backspace
does work as a delete in my Xterm.  Is this a problem with Netscape 3.01
or do I need to set a Xdefault config item to make this work?

Also when I am in Mail, it does not let me add users to the "Mail To:"
field from the Address book, and there are no "buttons" for any of the
mail header fields.  Again, is this a Netscape 3.01 problem or do I
need to fix it via the X defaults.

BTW, I am running RedHat 4.0.  I did have to build the kernel to
understand
a.out format to get rid of a problem with the Netscape java class lib
not
being ELF.

I am also getting a "Bus" error that causes Netscape to crash.  I have
seen some others having this problem also.  Did anyone have a suggested
fix? I didn't see anything....

Thanks,

Dave

ps. Please e-mail any responses.

Post by Dave » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

When I run Netscape 3.01 it doesn't let me use the "Backspace" key
to delete anything I type... I have to do a "ctrl-H".  Backspace
does work as a delete in my Xterm.  Is this a problem with Netscape 3.01
or do I need to set a Xdefault config item to make this work like it
does when typing in an Xterm? (Note: Backspace does do a delete of
anything following the cursor... not the char preceeding the cursor
like an Xterm does.)