where to get the binary rpm of libstdc++ 2.8

where to get the binary rpm of libstdc++ 2.8

Post by Paul Tea » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Ive recently tried to install a few programs which require the qt library
but have ran into the problem that i need version 2.8 of the libstdc++
library.
I did a search for it but could only find version 2.7 and 2.9 so i
figured 2.9 being a newer version would be good.
After after the binary rpm and running ldconfig i got the same error that
2.8 wasnt there. Is there anything i should've done that i didnt. I
thought i just ran ldconfig after installing the rpm.
Am i right in assuming i absolutely must have version 2.8? whats wrong
with using the newest version 2.9?
Anyway ive been searching for the binary rpm of 2.8 and cannot find it
anywhere.
I found the sources on sunsite but had problems compiling this :(
Does anyone know where i can get the 2.8 binary rpm of libstdc++?
I am running redhat 5.0 which ive upgraded from 2.0.31 to 2.0.36

thanks in advance,

Paul Teale

Post by Paul Gig » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Ive recently tried to install a few programs which require the qt library
> but have ran into the problem that i need version 2.8 of the libstdc++
> library.
> I did a search for it but could only find version 2.7 and 2.9 so i
> figured 2.9 being a newer version would be good.
> After after the binary rpm and running ldconfig i got the same error that
> 2.8 wasnt there. Is there anything i should've done that i didnt. I
> thought i just ran ldconfig after installing the rpm.
> Am i right in assuming i absolutely must have version 2.8? whats wrong
> with using the newest version 2.9?
> Anyway ive been searching for the binary rpm of 2.8 and cannot find it
> anywhere.
> I found the sources on sunsite but had problems compiling this :(
> Does anyone know where i can get the 2.8 binary rpm of libstdc++?
> I am running redhat 5.0 which ive upgraded from 2.0.31 to 2.0.36

> thanks in advance,

> Paul Teale

Pop over to here -> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/LByName.html and scroll
down and take your pick.