Make Config can't find a directory

Post by Ron Jens » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to compile a kernel for the first time (RH 2.0) When
running make config I go through many options, then get to the sound
card support option. When I say "yes" it returns me to the prompt and
says it cannot find a directory (/usr/src/linux-2.0.18/drivers/sound).
This directory IS present.

I am in the /usr/src/linux directory when I run make config.

I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks for the help.

Make Config can't find a directory

Post by tors.. » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to compile a kernel for the first time (RH 2.0) When
> running make config I go through many options, then get to the sound
> card support option. When I say "yes" it returns me to the prompt and
> says it cannot find a directory (/usr/src/linux-2.0.18/drivers/sound).
> This directory IS present.

> I am in the /usr/src/linux directory when I run make config.

Is there anything in the directory and are you running as root?

1. Where's the 'config' in 'make config'?

I'm fairly new in this exciting world of Linux, so please don't think
this question 'too stupid to deserve a reply'...  Thanks.
  As the subject suggests, I'm trying to re-compile my kernel so that it
has network support for a HP PCI network card and sound support for an
Ensoniq PnP sound card.  I've downloaded the full 2.0.27 source package
and unziped it only to find no 'config' for the 'make config' command.
  I've linked in the needed directories as described in the README file,
I've got 2.0.7 of gcc, am I missing something?  Any info on this would
be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!!

Tom Birkenbach

2. I can't get *any* programs to compile

3. can't compile gnome - "'gtk-config' script not found"

4. X keeps quitting with memory errors! have 16 megs and Stealth Video V

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. ext3 weirdness

7. networking between Lynx 2.3 and Solaris 2.8 via a switch

8. Using 'find' across rmounted directories

9. I lost my 'lost+found' directory!

10. Debian dselect cannot find 'local' directory on CD?

11. Want 'find' to look in current directory only (not recursively!).

12. telling find to ignore 'no such file or directory'