Mail problem -- can't get mail to queue!

Mail problem -- can't get mail to queue!

Post by FISK » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00

After *much* mucking around I finally got mail OUT to the world via
sendmail+IDA v. 5.67.  (using popclient to retrieve mail from the local
POP server).

Problem is, I can't get mail to queue up when the PPP connection is down.
Using Pine or simply mailx returns an error message to the effect of:

When the PPP connection is up, mail gets out without a problem.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?  I'm sure it's something stupid on my part because
the documentation and the Net. Admin. Guide all indicate that mail can be
queued up and send out via SMTP at some later date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

John M. Fisk

1. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

I used to receive data in mail from users. I used to read those data
and load that into a ORACLE table. However I am not able to delete
those mails after reading and loading it.

Currently I delete them manually when the mail file grow very big

Is there a way we can delete these mails after we read it using shell
script ?

2. can't login from wu-ftp

3. Difference between 'Mail' and 'mail'?

4. Copying to DOS doesn`t work

5. How to delete mail from mail queue.

6. Promise FastSwap FastSwap66

7. net mail OK, local mail permanently queued

8. ATI VGA Card

9. Queue-R-Mail-HOWTO 1.01 (hold Remote Mail for later delivery)

10. Mails do not get removed from Mail Queue

11. sendmail won't send mail in it's queue

12. Comment créer un Serveur de 'Mail' / How to create a Mail Server ?

13. Mail Queue is getting larger