Modem Riser AMR Aztech MR2800-w installation

Modem Riser AMR Aztech MR2800-w installation

Post by Galeri » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 05:23:05

Hi,
I have the Linux-Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.3
I have an AMR riser modem called Aztech MR2800-w
I've installed the driver that I've found on SmartLink site,
and all seems to work but... when I try to connect with kppp
it tells me that the modem is busy. So I've changed the port of the modem
and
try "/dev/modem" instead of "/dev/tty3" (or something like this) but there
always
the message "modem busy".
So I've tried to launch manually the driver by typing "./load_slmdm" as
the manual says. But nothing to do, always "modem busy" message appears.
I don't know what to do, and I am not  practice in kernel compiling.

Thanks in advance.
Galerio

1. Modem Riser AMR Aztech MR2800-w installation

Hi,
I have the Linux-Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.3
I have an AMR riser modem called Aztech MR2800-w
I've installed the driver that I've found on SmartLink site,
and all seems to work but... when I try to connect with kppp
it tells me that the modem is busy. So I've changed the port of the modem
and
try "/dev/modem" instead of "/dev/tty3" (or something like this) but there
always
the message "modem busy".
So I've tried to launch manually the driver by typing "./load_slmdm" as
the manual says. But nothing to do, always "modem busy" message appears.
I don't know what to do, and I am not  practice in kernel compiling.

Thanks in advance.
Galerio

2. 4mm tape - ID NUMBER??

3. Audio/Modem Riser (AMR) slot

4. Help with installation of SCO OpenServer 3

5. Mandrake driver for Aztech/Smartlink AMR modem?

6. HP 9150i (OS says 9100b) writing audio problems - technical

7. Newbie help: Aztech AMR modem Have RPMs but not working

8. Cable\DSL modems

9. Driver for modem Aztek MR2800

10. Modem/audio riser in Asus A7V

11. Help: How to get Modem Riser and sound card work under RH6.1 ?

12. Help: How to get Modem Riser and sound card work under RH6

13. Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?