Broadband Linux

Post by Chri » Thu, 03 May 2001 11:30:33

I need some help. I'm only fairly new to linux, and don't know much about
it, but...

I just installed Red Hat Linux 7, but to get my broadband connection to work

get my computer to run this command at startup (and how do you do it)? Also,
broadband seems to run very slow (no more than 10kbp/s), and netscape is
always saying that it has stalled. Is there linux equivilent to windows'
tcp/ip recieve window setting some where, and how to you change it.

Thanks in advance
chris

Broadband Linux

Post by Glitc » Thu, 03 May 2001 14:51:04

> I need some help. I'm only fairly new to linux, and don't know much
> about it, but...

> I just installed Red Hat Linux 7, but to get my broadband connection to

> way to get my computer to run this command at startup (and how do you do
> it)? Also, broadband seems to run very slow (no more than 10kbp/s), and

don't remember the path but the file should be rc.local
Put the command at the end and save the file.
Quote:> netscape is always saying that it has stalled. Is there linux equivilent
> to windows' tcp/ip recieve window setting some where, and how to you
> change it.

> Thanks in advance
> chris

Broadband Linux

Post by A. S. Paragu » Fri, 04 May 2001 13:20:27

I set it up as a static connection, i. e. nor DHCP.  I've always inserted
the primary IP address, Gateway, etc.  Also, I do not use the proxy
server as thios seems to slow it down.
My connection is stable and secure.

Darrell