Sony Superstation IDE Tape drive question.

Sony Superstation IDE Tape drive question.

Post by Carl C » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

HELP! I got the Sony Superstation 10Gb tape drive, the IDE kind. I loaded
2.2.7 kernel to
get the latest IDE drivers, unfortunately, anytime I access the drive
(/dev/ht0), I get
a full system crash.

On bootup I also get that the driver can not "sense" the drive. I did test
the drive on
the computer with Windows-NT, so its not a hardware config problem.

Is there a update to the IDE-TAPE driver that will allow this drive to
work???

TIA!
Carl

1. Sony Superstation IDE Tape Drive.

HELP! I got the Sony Superstation 10Gb tape drive, the IDE kind. I loaded
2.2.7 kernel to
get the latest IDE drivers, unfortunately, anytime I access the drive
(/dev/ht0), I get
a full system crash.

On bootup I also get that the driver can not "sense" the drive. I did test
the drive on
the computer with Windows-NT, so its not a hardware config problem.

Is there a update to the IDE-TAPE driver that will allow this drive to
work???

TIA!
Carl

2. Mirror Server

3. SONY SuperStation 10GB IDE Tape Drive.

4. My Experience with the Linux

5. Problem with Sony SuperStation IDE tape drive

6. Diamond Viper

7. IDE ATAPI Sony Superstation tape

8. Help!!! How can redirect to a new url with CGI parameter?

9. Sony Superstation Tape drive problem

10. Sony Superstation tape drive support?

11. Sony Superstation Tape Drive problems

12. Any success w/Sony "Superstation" tape drive?

13. Sony Superstation Tape Drive problems