I am looking for tools that would help to deploy and manage Linux and
replace M$-Windows. However, I have become rather accustomed to the
deployment and management tools that the M$ world has to offer. Some
examples of what I am looking for for Linux are:
* Automated OS installation on a clean system, possibly in combination with
boot from network.
* Automated hardware detection and installation during the automated OS
* Scheduled and automated application installation, removal, and
* wake up from lan.
* Hardware and Software Inventory.
* Centralized user management
It would be nice if there was some kind of integrated deployment toolkit out
there, but I doubt there is. I guess that it will boil down to getting
seperated packages that do *ONE* of these things, and then integrate it all
myself using shell-scripts and such?
All information, tips, or links to web-sites on Linux Deployment and
management in medium to large sites is more than welcome.