Linux Deployment Tools

Post by J.Smit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi.

I am looking for tools that would help to deploy and manage Linux and
replace M$-Windows. However, I have become rather accustomed to the
deployment and management tools that the M$ world has to offer. Some
examples of what I am looking for for Linux are:

* Automated OS installation on a clean system, possibly in combination with
boot from network.
* Automated hardware detection and installation during the automated OS
install.
* Scheduled and automated application installation, removal, and
configuration.
* wake up from lan.
* Hardware and Software Inventory.
* Centralized user management

It would be nice if there was some kind of integrated deployment toolkit out
there, but I doubt there is. I guess that it will boil down to getting
seperated packages that do *ONE* of these things, and then integrate it all
myself using shell-scripts and such?

All information, tips, or links to web-sites on Linux Deployment and
management in medium to large sites is more than welcome.

Thanks.

1. Linux Deployment Tools

[...]

2. DG/UX -> HP network MICR printer

3. Automount?

4. SCSI-2

5. Help - Guidelines for lots of tools deployment in a development environemnt

6. Using chooser to access linux system running kdm from remote X terminal

7. A great (MS-killing!) deployment idea for Linux

8. Linux deployment question

9. news: Corel and PC Chips to Accelerate Mass Desktop Deployment of Linux(r)

10. USELINUX: Linux Applications Development & Deployment Conference