Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI-D

Post by Joggi » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am new to Linux and need some help, please!!
I am trying to install Red Hat 5.1 on my computer but without success.
As soon as the installation probe my SCSI card (QLogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI)
it hangs.......
<4>SCSI0 : QLogic ISP1020 SCSI on PCI  bus 0 device 8 irq 11 base 0x6100

<4>SCSI   : 1 host.
_  (hangs here)

The base address, irq etc. returned is correct.
I don't think there is a problem with the cables or termination since
the SCSI controller and devices works fine in NT4.
What is suppose to happen where the system hangs? (Scanning BUS for
devices?)

My system is as follows:
K6 233 on VX chipset MB
64 meg EDO Mem
S3 Virge Display Card (4 meg)
QLogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI SCSI (ISP 1020 SCSI processor) adapter with 7
devices attached (2xCD-ROMs, 3xFastSCSI HDDs, 1xWideSCSI HDD, 1xMO
drive)
No IDE devices

Can anybody please help or direct me to where I can obtain help.
Tanks.

1. Qlogic Fast!SCSI - IQ PCI

I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 5.1, but with no success. My
machine hangs during instalation after probing  the SCSI card.
<4>SCSI0: Qlogic ISP1020 SCSI on PCI bus 0 device 8 irq 11 base 0x6100
<4>SCSI  : 1 host.
_   (Hangs here)

I am trying to install on the following system
1. K6 233 on a VX chipset MB
2. 64 meg mem
3. S3 Virge
4. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI-D, Bios Rev 5.09, ISP Firmware Rev 2.26 with
7 devices attached.

I am new to Linux and this is my first attempt to run it.  Any help wrt
to the problem and/or directions where to find help will be appreciated.

2. multi-gateway

3. QLogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI supported?

4. Epson Stylus color 800

5. Looking for a driver for the Qlogic Fast Scsi IQ PCI card.

6. Corel linux and vx1

7. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI Host Adapter: Status?

8. BogoMips /proc/cpuinfo incorrect?!

9. QLogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI

10. HELP!!! QLogic IQ PCI SCSI support???

11. results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

12. Qlogic Fast!SCSI PCI Basic

13. **** Qlogic fast/wide PCI SCSI: the fastest controller? ****