installing linux onto sparc w/o access to floppy,cd,network

installing linux onto sparc w/o access to floppy,cd,network

Post by jonat.. » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:55:07

Hi guys,

How can you install Linux onto a SunSparc machine without access to floppy
drive, cdrom drive, network etc.?

I did it for NetBSD on SunSparc, just wanna find out did anyone did it
for Linux as well? What should I do after I mounted the local partition?
Format, create fs, unzip packages just like in NetBSD?

ref: http://www.jp.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/

Thanks,
Jonathan

Post by jonat.. » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:56:00

Hi guys,

How can you install Linux onto a SunSparc machine without access to floppy
drive, cdrom drive, network etc.?

I did it for NetBSD on SunSparc, just wanna find out did anyone do it

Post by jonat.. » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:57:57

Hi guys,

How can you install Linux onto a SunSparc machine without access to floppy
drive, cdrom drive, network etc.?

I did it for NetBSD on SunSparc, just wanna find out did anyone do it
for Linux as well? What should I do after I mount the local partition?
Format, create fs, unzip packages just like in NetBSD?

ref: http://www.jp.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/

Thanks,
Jonathan

1. Installing linux using SCSI CD-ROM on PCMCIA card, onto SCSI hard drive

Greetings.

 I just purchased Slackware 3.2 on CD-ROM from Walnut Creek. And I
want to install it!

 Unfortunately, my CD-ROM drive is on a PCMCIA SCSI controller (New
Media Toast'n'Jam).  In fact, the hard drive I want to install Linux
to is also on this controller.

 I presume that, in order to pull this off, I will need a special
bootdisk and rootdisk that includes the PCMCIA drivers and the
appropriate commands in rc.local or whatever to utilize them.

 So, does anyone have such a boot/rootdisk combo made up already? If
so, where can I get it?

 I'd really like to install this, so any replies would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!  (Please respond by e-mail if possible.)
--

WWW Home Page: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455| right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.

2. unix.install, unix.safe

3. Installing Linux Redhat onto an IBM 701C thinkpad using a parallel port CD-ROM

4. ncpfs-problem

5. Is it possible to install Linux w/o CD-ROM onto DOS system?

6. Prelude Forms

7. Installing Linux PPC0 onto Apple Network Server 700

8. CD-recording software

9. Linux / Sparc / Mount CD - Floppy

10. Accessing second image dumped onto a CD-RW

11. Installing a working system onto ATAPI/ZIP Floppy

12. Install Solaris 2.7 onto Sparc LX Via nfs/bootp?

13. Want to put Redhat boot floppy onto HD and install from there - how?