Program icons vanished under the X-windows

Program icons vanished under the X-windows

Post by pm45.. » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I reinstalled Redhat 5.1,kernel 2.0.34 and after that file manager
under xwindows doesn`t work normally.Program icons have been vanished
and there are instead a text: icon of exe( or something like that).
What went wrong during installation ? Did I missed some essential
program installation?

1. get unix x-windows program to start microsoft windows program

does anybody know if it is possible to get a unix x-windows program to
start a microsoft windows program?  i know it can be done the other way
round using remote shell.

we've got a load of microsoft windows pcs with x-windows.  ideally we
want users to be able to click a button on our x-windows program which
then starts a microsoft windows program on their pc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HELP!: I need to change my UNIX terminal settings

4. 12/24Gb 4mm tape performance

5. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

6. Same functionality as mod_usertrack but will query string

7. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

8. Help: Cleanup zmodem exit trash in sh/ksh

9. Run X-Windows programs from Windows Workstation?

10. How do I put icons in X-windows?

11. Putting ICONS on X-Windows Desktop

12. Color icons in X-windows?