Default PATH change?

Post by rostislav lyudmirs » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I've just installed MiniLinux (I wish I had more HD space to setup the
"real" Linux.)

Anyway, I have to add some software manually and I was wondering how to
change a PATH globally (I know, I can change it for each user individually
in .cshrc or .profile). I believe my default shell is csh (or tcsh), what
init file contains the default settings?

Thanks for any help.

World Wide Web homepage:                     http://www.csun.edu/~hbcsc093
ICQ (UID# 1393541) pager:                 http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1393541
"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be
replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened."
                 Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Post by Nils Hamme » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

rostislav lyudmirsky schrieb:

> Hi,
> I've just installed MiniLinux (I wish I had more HD space to setup the
> "real" Linux.)

> Anyway, I have to add some software manually and I was wondering how to
> change a PATH globally (I know, I can change it for each user individually
> in .cshrc or .profile). I believe my default shell is csh (or tcsh), what
> init file contains the default settings?

> Thanks for any help.

> World Wide Web homepage:                     http://www.csun.edu/~hbcsc093
> ICQ (UID# 1393541) pager:                 http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1393541
> "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
> the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be
> replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
> There is another which states that this has already happened."
>                  Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Take a look in  /etc/profile

1. Changing Default Execution path?

HI,

  How do I change the global default execution path for the bash shell?
I want to include my /usr/local/bin directory in the path for all users.
I'm using Redhat 5.2.

  Thanks
  Ralph

replace 'nospam' with 'nac' to send E-Mail.

2. S3 Savage4 and XFree

3. Where Do I change The CDE default PATH variable ?

4. problem with Mediavision PAS16

5. How to change default path for all shells?

6. Exporting Sound

7. How do I change the default font path?

8. JetDirect EX or Netport XL?

9. How to change default PATH

10. how to change default include path

11. how can i change the default "current path" of term

12. Changing the default path to Neomail

13. Changing default $PATH