/dev/pts : input/output error when installing linux.

/dev/pts : input/output error when installing linux.

Post by somez7 » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:49:34

Hello.
    in the middle of redhat 7.3, after disk partioning , I get error message
as follows.

    "an error occurred when trying to create /dev/pts : input/output error."

    what does  /dev/pts means? , someone tell why I get this kind of error
message?

Thank you.

1. Install Problems: Error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist: Input/output error (5)

    Okay, I'm trying to install this via cdrom and I really don't want
to do it by dos partition, because I'd like to have use of my cdrom
later on.  I'd like to do it right the first time.  I have an atapi
Hitatchi cdrom which should be supported by FreeBSD, but I really don't
know if it is.  FreeBSD claims to support IDE cdroms, and that's what I
got.  Anyways the error message that it generates is:

Error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist: Input/output error (5)

    That happens when I choose my media type and start installing.  How
can I fix this?

BEAR

2. disable closing xterm

3. Wrong permissions for /dev/pts/0 and /dev/pts/1

4. apple client - linux server - how?

5. wall: /dev/ttyp1: Input/Output error

6. Linux SCSI shopping HOWTO? BT-948 vs. AHA2940

7. wall: /dev/ttypX: Input/Output error

8. Which network card for laptop?

9. /bin/tar: /dev/nst0: Warning: Cannot close: Input/output error

10. `mt` tells me "/dev/nsa0: Input/output error"

11. init: open(/dev/console): Input/output error

12. PPP - Failed to open /dev/ttys0: Input/output error

13. dump pts output to other pts