HELP: Modem/Minicom problem

Post by Gernot Fi » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I have just installed red hat 5.2. Great! But I am having problems with
> my modem (a USR 28.8 on COM1, IRQ5). It works, but as if in slow-motion.
> In minicom, I dial via ATDT ....etc... and the text I type is echoed

/sbin/setserial -v /dev/cua0 irq 5

normally the interrupt get set in:

/sbin/init.d/serial

--
garfield

HELP: Modem/Minicom problem

Post by M. Buchenried » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I have just installed red hat 5.2. Great! But I am having problems with
>my modem (a USR 28.8 on COM1, IRQ5).

An internal modem, I presume. If these settinmgs are indeed correct,
then you must have disabled the onboard serial port in your CMOS.

Quote:>It works, but as if in slow-motion.
>In minicom, I dial via ATDT ....etc... and the text I type is echoed
>back but a minute or so later... the dialing finally happens, but
>communication is incredibly slow... a couple of bytes per minute,

[...]

It defaults to using IRQ4 , which is probably occupied by another serial
device already (a mouse, e.g.) .

Read the Serial-HOWTO and the manpage of "setserial" . And use Dejanews.

Michael

1. Newbie:Help needed - USR/3Com modem & Minicom

Folks

On a new Dell PC (PIII) I have a 56K 3Com Global Modem (not Winmodem I have
been assured by Dell - but I am starting to have doubts though the modem is
not listed in the master list at www.winmodem.com). I have setup the link
using Modemtool to my COM1 port. Minicom initialises the modem & thru the
Options Screen I can see a 16550A Uart and all that good stuff - 115.2k
etc. However when I issue a ATDT command - nothing at all. When I use
Usernet, the light goes yellow and not green. Help really appreciated.

Regards
Joe

2. How do i get my samba To logon an NT domain ?

3. Help: Setserial says serial port/modem exists, no responses from minicom

4. Linux as an IP router

5. HELP! Cant get Linux Minicom to recognize Modem!

6. Keymap problems on tcpip?

7. Modem setting problem in minicom

8. Icons Size ....

9. Modem Problem and minicom

10. Modem setup problems - no DTR except in MINICOM

11. Strange Modem/Minicom Problem - Any Ideas!!

12. HELP, HELP Problems with minicom.

13. Minicom and Modem problems