Ethernet card

Post by Javi » Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:16:52

Well, my problem is that I  can't use my Xircom ethernet card under linux
6.1 although the machine detected my ethernet card.  Every time I try to
open netscape for example, it tell me "unknown host" ..  please e mail me if
you can help. Thanx

Ethernet card

Post by Marc Andre Seli » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 17:53:30

> Well, my problem is that I  can't use my Xircom ethernet card under linux
> 6.1 although the machine detected my ethernet card.  Every time I try to
> open netscape for example, it tell me "unknown host" ..  please e mail me if
> you can help. Thanx

Please post more specific information, such as:
 - How did you configure the card?
 - What is the output from "/sbin/ifconfig"?
 - What is the output from "/sbin/route"?
 - What is the content of "/etc/resolv.conf"?