RedHat 5.1 Install doesn't find Disk Drive

RedHat 5.1 Install doesn't find Disk Drive

Post by Lyndon F. Bartel » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

    I'm trying to install RedHat 5.1. My machine has two 540 Meg hard
drives. Identical. When I install, and get to the Disk Druid, it only
allows me to partition the slave drive. Yet, after I install, and boot
(using a floppy) I can access the master drive. I can
partition/repartition it to my hearts content.

    If I boot using the 5.0 boot floppy, I can manipulate both drives.

    One kink in this is that once, I did install 5.0 on the master. And
the computer ran just fine. So I doubt the disk drive went nuts.

    Now, I can't see those partitions with the 5.1.

    I went out and downloaded all of 5.1. and figured out how to install
via NFS. Once I got it working, it works slick!

    How, can I get the master drive. Without that, I won't have as
complete of system as I'd want.

    There's nothing on these disks. So I have no hesitation wiping them
clean. It's just that I don't know what I need to do to get the /dev/hda
disk to be seen during install.

    Thanks in advance,
    Lyndon F. Bartels