How to set daylight savings time in Linux?

Post by Keith Rohre » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I'm looking for a way to tell my Linux (RedHat 4.2) to use daylight
> savings
> time. Does anyone have any good advice, or know any useful pointers?

ln -sf /usr/lib/zoneinfo/CST6CDT /etc/localtime

Replace the US Central timezone with something more appropriate, though,
if you don't live in that timezone...

Maybe there's a tool to do that now?  I don't know for sure; you might
want to check control-panel if you installed the full distribution.

        Keith

Post by Frederik Duran » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to tell my Linux (RedHat 4.2) to use daylight
savings
time. Does anyone have any good advice, or know any useful pointers?

Thank you in advance,

Frederik

--
Frederik Durant
System Manager, Allmansland/De Schutter Digital Media nv/sa

1. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....

I am sure that this has been rehashed a bunch of times, but I can't seem
to get it through my thick  skull...

I have a RedHat 6.0 system, 2.2.13 kernel.  I need to configure the darn
thing to keep the right time.  I can't seem to correctly configure the
hardware clock so that it correctly deals with DST.

I tried setting it to UTC using RedHat's tools, but it had no effect.
The time zone information must be correct, since the calendar displays
EDT, but the hardware clock and the system clock are now exactly
backwards.....  The hardware clock is one hour ahead of the system
clock.

Wed Apr 19 13:48:25 EDT 2000
Wed Apr 19 14:48:26 2000  -0.940635 seconds

What files do I need to change (by hand, not through possibly broken GUI
tools) to make this right?

Thanks,

--Yan
--

Think different
        ride a recumbent

3. Exact time for Daylight Savings Time change

4. Making Yacc output modular

5. Linux Time setup - Daylight savings

6. "Freeze" without keyboard input

7. Daylight Savings Time & linux 1.0 ?